The Beatles famously sang â€śall you need is love,â€ť and thereâ€™s no time this sentiment is more apparent than on Valentineâ€™s Day. Whether youâ€™re hosting an epic celebration or simply sending a card to a loved one, Valentineâ€™s Day is the perfect holiday to celebrate romance and that warm fuzzy feeling.Â
Valentineâ€™s Day cards arenâ€™t just for your partner or secret crush, though. You can share the love with your BFF and other special people in your life. Use this guide to craft the perfect Valentine messages for friends.
4 Sweet Reasons to Send Your Friends a Valentine Message
You love your good friends and family members all year round, but Valentineâ€™s Day helps you hone in on that love, joy, and gratitude. If youâ€™re wondering whether to send Valentine’s cards to your pals this year, here are a handful of reasons to do it.
1. Express Gratitude
There are so many times of year that remind us to be thankful. Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year, and Valentineâ€™s Day are all ideal times to reflect on what weâ€™re grateful for. Use this Valentineâ€™s Day as the perfect opportunity to share some of that gratitude and love with your best friends.Â
Send them a Valentineâ€™s card all about friendship and love, or leave them a sweet note on their social media page. There are lots of great ways to share those warm, fuzzy feelings with your closest friends. Center your message around being thankful for having them in your life, or reflect on a moment that youâ€™ve enjoyed together for a sweet expression of your gratitude.
2. Make Them Smile
Valentineâ€™s Day can be tough for some. Maybe your friend has just gone through a breakup or theyâ€™re missing a love lost too soon. It might also simply be a challenging time for them in general. Take a moment to cheer them up and bring some warmth with an uplifting Valentine message.Â
If you know your friend will find this holiday difficult for any reason, give them a new reason to find joy in it. Personalize a digital card and fill it with heartfelt words about how much they mean to you, or keep it simple with a short text message to say theyâ€™re in your thoughts. What matters most isnâ€™t the medium or the length of your wording â€” itâ€™s that youâ€™re there to support them.
3. Celebrate Your Singleness Together
February 14th can feel like a painful or awkward date if youâ€™re not cozied up to a partner or new love. Whether or not your pal is happy about being single, consider this an opportunity to declare all the amazing benefits of not having a love interest right now â€” and celebrate together!Â
You donâ€™t need to have a romantic Valentineâ€™s Day for it to count. Turn it into Galentineâ€™s Day and treat your best friend to a day of shopping, relaxing, delicious food, and cocktails. Surprise them with a Valentineâ€™s card with an upbeat message all about the benefits of being single and how youâ€™ll always be a â€śtrue loveâ€ť for each other.Â
4. Share the Joy of Love
While the spotlight is on romantic love during Valentineâ€™s Day, thatâ€™s not the only kind of love out there. Writing Valentine messages for friends is an ultra-fun way to celebrate the official day of love and all that it means for you.
Plan and host a Valentineâ€™s Day party and invite your closest friends or customize and send out Valentineâ€™s cards filled with your favorite Valentineâ€™s Day quotes. However you celebrate, itâ€™s a beautiful day for sharing joy with those who matter most.
Cute and Funny Valentine Messages for Friends You Can Steal
There are so many wonderful ways to show your friends you care and that youâ€™re thinking about them. Consider these kind, sweet, and funny Valentineâ€™s Day messages for your besties and loved ones.Â
Sweet and Simple Valentine Messages for Friends
Want to send your bestie or a close friend a sweet message for Valentineâ€™s Day? Here are a handful of lovely messages that wonâ€™t take up too much space on your Valentineâ€™s Day card.Â
- Happy Valentineâ€™s Day to the best friend in the whole world.Â
- Love you, bestie!Â
- Happy love day! Thanks for being a great friend.Â
- Have a wonderful Valentineâ€™s Day [Name].
- Youâ€™re a fab bestie! Happy Valentineâ€™s Day!Â
- Happy love day to my one true great Valentine.Â
- Thanks for always being a lovely friend.Â
- Iâ€™ve never known true friendship like yours before. Happy Valentineâ€™s Day!Â
- Love you for being an awesome friend, [Name].
- Wishing you the best Valentineâ€™s Day ever!Â
Heartfelt Valentine Messages for Friends
Sometimes you want to send a message thatâ€™s a little longer or more heartfelt. Here are some thoughtful Valentineâ€™s Day wishes for your best friends â€” whether theyâ€™re new to your life or youâ€™ve known them forever.Â
- Thank you for always being a true friend to me, [Name]. Youâ€™re an incredibly precious part of my world.Â
- Forever my sweet friend. Thanks for always being you and having my back!Â
- Happy Valentineâ€™s Day to my dear friend. You are my ride or die and I love you.
- Youâ€™re such a special friend to me. Thereâ€™s no adventure in life Iâ€™d want to go on without you. Have a beautiful day, [Name]!
- Hugs and kisses for the best galentine ever!
- Sending you lots of love this Valentineâ€™s Day, [Name]. Hope you know youâ€™ll always have a special place in my heart.Â
- Warm wishes and heartfelt snuggles on this super cozy Valentineâ€™s Day.Â
Funny Valentine’s Day Messages for Friends
You can celebrate love and friendship and still make space for a laugh-out-loud moment. If humor is more your style, here are some witty wording ideas for your funny Valentineâ€™s Day cards for friends.
- Valentineâ€™s, Schmalentines â€¦ letâ€™s hit the bar!Â
- Congrats on surviving another Valentineâ€™s Day as my partner in crime!Â
- Youâ€™re slightly more bearable than other people. Happy Valentineâ€™s Day!Â
- Letâ€™s stay weird together forever. Happy Valentineâ€™s Day, BFF!
- Canâ€™t believe weâ€™re not sick of each other yet. Happy Valentineâ€™s Day, bestie!
- Itâ€™s a special day for you â€” you get to spend it with me!Â
- Thanks for tolerating me, [Name]. Best friends forever!
- Youâ€™re lucky Iâ€™m your Valentine.
Dress Up Your Message with these Fun Valentineâ€™s Day Cards
If youâ€™re looking for the perfect Valentine cards, weâ€™ve got you covered. Take a look through a handful of our most loved online greeting cards to inspire your own Valentine or Galentineâ€™s Day cards this year.
XOXO Balloons Card
We adore this super sweet XOXO balloons card and so will your bestie. Itâ€™s a lovely way to wish your friend a Happy Valentineâ€™s Day from you and your family, or you can customize it to feature a photo of the two of you together.Â
Watercolor Hearts Card
Delight your friend with this gorgeous watercolor design. The front is beautifully simple, with plenty of room on the back for your epic tales of friendship and love.
You Light Up My Life Card
If you want something a little different from the usual pinks, reds, and hearts, this lovely Valentine card is perfect. The cozy colors give off a warm, fuzzy vibe â€” ideal for celebrating your best friend and all that they mean to you.
Mushy Love Card
How adorable is this mushy love card? Itâ€™s a super-cute way to declare your love for your closest friends, and thereâ€™s plenty of space on the back for you to add your own puns or funny Valentineâ€™s Day message too.
Sweet Friend Card
Go for a more vintage vibe with this sweet friend card. Itâ€™s a lovely way to send a heartfelt greeting to your best friend or someone you care about this Valentineâ€™s Day.
Craft Epic Valentine Messages for Friends this February
Donâ€™t let Valentineâ€™s Day pass by without telling your closest friends just how much they mean to you. Whether you send a heartfelt text message, social media comment, or digital card, itâ€™s the perfect time of year to express gratitude and make them smile.Â
Browse through our vast collection of Valentineâ€™s Day cards to find a design that matches your style and suits your friendship. You can personalize the colors and wording so your Valentineâ€™s Day greeting is as unique as you are.