Wedding Invitation Wording Tool
Who's Getting Married?
Who’s Hosting the Wedding?
Will Your Wedding's Tone Be
Casual or Formal?
Please select an option
Add details about your venue
Would You Like to Specify Dress Code?
Please select an option
Select Your Preferred Dress Code
Creating Your Invitation...
Your Wedding Invitation Wording
Your wedding invitation wording is ready! You can copy your wording from the preview below, or download your wording in a PDF document.
Click Download to open your wedding invitation as a PDF Document
As a bonus, we have hand picked three invitation recommendations
from Greenvelope based on your event details
The big day is almost here. Perhaps you've already sent save-the-dates
and created your wedding website. Now it's time to start figuring out what you want to say on your actual wedding invitations.
Your wedding is unique, and your wedding invitations should be as well. But something could be standing in the way of your wedding invitation's ability to capture the true spirit of the celebration itself: the wedding invitation wording.
What information do guests need? In what order do guests need that information? And, how can you make the wedding invitation wording reflect your personality as a couple as well as the tone of your celebration?
We're glad you asked.
To cut down on the confusion of wedding invitation wording and wedding invitation etiquette, we’ve put together this nifty Wedding Invitation Wording Tool. It doesn’t matter what stage of the wedding planning process you’re in — the tool is here to help you say what you want and include all the information your guests need about your wedding day.
Whether you're planning a low-key, small wedding
with your closest friends and family members or a more formal black-tie affair with hundreds of guests, this Wedding Invitation Wording Tool uses prompts to guide you to enter the essential details. Even better, if at any point you get stuck or have questions, we’ve also included handy tooltips on select pages for you to consult.
Find the Right Words in a Few Easy Steps
Here's a quick overview of what this Wedding Invitation Wording Tool lets you customize:
- Who's Getting Married: Enter the happy couple's names. You can enter your full names, first and middle names, or just your first names. It's all up to you!
- Who's Hosting the Wedding: Whether the couple is hosting or it's the bride's parents, groom's parents, both sets of parents, stepparents, or an altogether different arrangement, you can type in the names of the hosts on separate lines.
- Choose Your Invitation Intro: Try formal wording such as "The honor of your presence is requested" or "The pleasure of your company is requested" for a traditional wedding invitation. Or consider more casual phrasing such as "Join us for the wedding of" or "You're invited to the wedding celebration of" for less formal weddings.
- Your Wedding's Tone: Pick casual or formal, or try them both to see what you like. Language doesn't just affect the actual words, but also how formal the wedding date appears. For example, a more formal invitation will typically spell out the date and time of day while a casual invitation typically uses numerals.
- Venue Information: This includes basic details such as the venue name and location.
- Wedding Reception Information: Select from the suggested text, type to customize, or skip it altogether if your ceremony and reception are in the same place or you’re including that info on a separate card.
- Dress Code: Choose from a variety of fun illustrations that capture your wedding day style and add to the merriment.
Once you've entered your information, you can download your wedding invitation wording as a PDF document and browse several wedding invite recommendations based on your invitation details. Of course, you can upload your own invitation design or choose from one of the thousands of gorgeous templates exclusive to Greenvelope.
Use This Wedding Invitation Wording Tool to Reflect Your Special Day
Online wedding invitations
are an affordable option that can save you hundreds of dollars on wedding stationery. What's more, you'll have an even greater selection and convenient features like RSVP tracking, guest messaging, and so much more.
For more ideas on how to plan the perfect wedding invitation, be sure to check out our guide on wedding invitation wording samples
and 19 wedding invite ideas
to share your love story. Have fun, and happy planning!