When the holiday season arrives, itâ€™s time to start thinking about your Christmas cards. Get your list at the ready, find the perfect design, and personalize them with your own wording, so your friends and family know how loved they are.
We have plenty of fun, sweet, and contemporary online Christmas cardsÂ for you to choose from. Once youâ€™re all set on a design, what will you write? Here are some wording ideas to help you figure out what to write in a Christmas card for family, friends, colleagues, and even customers.
Christmas Greetings for Close Family
Whether itâ€™s for your parents, aunt, sibling, or cousins, you may not always know what to write in a Christmas card. Here are some thoughtful (and fun) Christmas greetings for your closest loved ones.
- Sending you warm Christmas wishes from our home to yours.
- This Christmas Day will be magical. We canâ€™t wait to host you all around the table for a wonderful dinner!
- Thank you, Mom and Dad, for always making Christmas feel special.
- Youâ€™re a blessing at all times of year, but especially around Christmas.
- Christmas is a time to be with our loved ones. We hope you have the merriest Christmas this year.
- Happy Christmas to the best (Mom/Dad) anyone could ask for!
- Weâ€™re so blessed to have you as part of our family. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!
- Hope that Santa brings everything you wished for this year, little (brother/sister)!
- We may disagree a lot, but Christmas with you is still the best!
- Youâ€™re the best brother/sister/cousin/aunt/uncle in the whole world. Merry Christmas!
Festive Messages for Friends
Christmas is all about celebrating whatâ€™s near and dear to us. Share a festive message of appreciation with your friends with these short and sweet holiday greetings.
- Weâ€™re so grateful to call you friends. Wishing you a Merry Christmas.
- Your friendship is the best gift this Christmas!
- Thank you for bringing so much light to my life, especially during the festive season.
- We wish you the best Christmas ever, from our family to yours.
- Have a great Christmas, (Name)!
- Happy holidays to my best friend ever! Hereâ€™s to a wonderful New Year!
- Thank you so much for being in my life. Merry Christmas!
- Thank you for always bringing the Christmas spirit, (Name)!
- Wishing you the most wonderful Christmas this year, (Name)!
- May your Christmas bring joy for the season and beyond.
- Thanks for making the festive season so bright, (Name)!
For the One You Love
Christmas always feels magical when thereâ€™s someone special in your life. Show how much you care for your partner with these beautiful and heartfelt Christmas card messages.
- Youâ€™re the one person who makes Christmas so magical. Merry Christmas, my love.
- Thereâ€™s no better Christmas gift in the world than being with you!
- This Christmas will be the most magical yet because weâ€™re together.
- All I want for Christmas is â€¦ you!
- The more Christmases we spend together, the more I love you. Merry Christmas, my dear.
- Thereâ€™s nobody Iâ€™d rather curl up with in front of the roaring fire. Merry Christmas!
- The best Christmas is whenever I’m with you!
- Meet you under the mistletoe, (Name).
- I love and appreciate you all year round, but Christmas feels the most wonderful with you.
For Loved Ones Who Live Afar
While you might not be sending them an online invitationÂ to your yearly festive bash, your farawayÂ loved ones remain close to your heart. Here are several ideas on what to write in a Christmas card for friends and family across any distance.
- We may not be together under the Christmas tree, but we hope your holidays are truly magical.
- Sending you festive wishes and lots of love from afar.
- Merry Christmas from our little corner of the world to yours!
- Even though we canâ€™t be together at this special time, we wish you a very Merry Christmas.
- Sending you a sleigh full of warm wishes this Christmas!
- Distance may keep us apart, but youâ€™re in our hearts this Christmas time.
- Weâ€™re all thinking of you and wishing you a wonderful holiday season!
Traditional Christmas Greetings
Want to keep it traditional but not sure what to write in a Christmas card? Take a look at these warm, classic Christmas cardÂ wishes that will work for relatives, coworkers, and neighbors alike.
- Sending you our best wishes and good tidings this Christmas time!
- We hope you have a very Merry Christmas this year!
- Wishing you joy, peace, and love at this time of year.
- Have a wonderful Christmas, (Name)!
- Sending you all our love this Christmas season.
Religious Christmas Messages
For some people, Christmas is a time to celebrate a sacred moment. Honor and reflect on the spiritual importance with one of these religious Christmas messages.
- May your days be full of Christmas miracles and joy.
- We hope you have a blessed Christmas this year, (Name)!
- May the true meaning of Christmas stay in your heart.
- Sending you the light and love of God at this wonderful time of year.
- May God bless your Christmas with peace and good fortune.
- We’re so grateful God blessed us with friends/family like you, (Name). Merry Christmas!
- May the spirit of Christmas light up your days and nights.
Funny Christmas Greetings
Sending a holiday cardÂ to someone with a great sense of humor? Ramp up the fun factor and bring on the laughter with one of these funny Christmas card sayings.
- Happy holidays to our favorite person. No, not you â€” Santa Claus!
- I never know what to write in a Christmas card, so I thought Iâ€™d practice with yours!
- Merry Christmas, (Name)! Donâ€™t forget to put the oven on â€” weâ€™re expecting turkey!
- Naughty or nice? Only good will suffice! Have a Merry Christmas this year, (Name).
- Can you believe itâ€™s Christmas again already? Time to set the table for a celebration we wonâ€™t forget!
- Let the merry times roll! Have a wonderful Christmas this year, (Name)!
What to Write In a Christmas Card for Clients or Customers
The holidays are prime time for letting your customers, clients, colleagues, and community know youâ€™re grateful for their support. Here are several fantastic ideas on what to write in a business Christmas greeting card.
- Happy holidays to our favorite customer. We wish you the best throughout this festive season.
- Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, from all of us at (Company Name)!
- May your holidays brim with happiness, peace, and plenty of fun!
- Holiday greetings from (Company Name) to your home.
- We wish you a very happy holiday season and a joy-filled start to the New Year!
- Sending you the warmest wishes from (Company Name) to (Client) this Christmas.
- Wishing you a joyful and festive season, from your friends here at (Company Name).
- Thank you for being part of our successful year, (Employee Name). Season’s greetings from (Company Name).
Heartfelt Christmas Messages to Show You Care
Christmas is a wonderful time of year. Itâ€™s when we slow down and appreciate the love, joy, and good things around us â€” from family and friends to business success.
Whether youâ€™re gathering with loved ones for a big celebration or sending your wishes from afar, itâ€™s easy to spread holiday cheer when you know what to write in a Christmas card. Take inspiration from the ideas in this list and customize your greetings to create a heartfelt, personalized Christmas cardÂ theyâ€™ll cherish all season long.