Whether itâ€™s a kidâ€™s birthday, baby shower, housewarming, adult birthday party, or other celebration, a Western theme makes for a darn-tootinâ€™ good time! Itâ€™s a chance to get everyone together dressed in cowboy hats, boots, and glittering spurs.Â
But before indulging in the festivities, you must invite your guests. Luckily, youâ€™ll find plenty of Western invitations here to match your Western party theme, plus Western-inspired wording ideas to include in your invite. So giddy up, partner â€” itâ€™s time to make it happen!
Wording Ideas for Your Western InvitationsÂ
If the thought of writing your own invitations has you feeling like you have a bee in your bonnet, donâ€™t be scared. Weâ€™ve got you covered with these fun ideas for what to write in a Western invitation. Whether itâ€™s a Wild West birthday party for your little cowboy, a bachelorette party, or a rustic wedding, the Western theme will surely have guests smiling.
From phrases inspired by cowboy slang to funny plays on words, consider these messages for your Western invitations:
- Yee-haw, itâ€™s birthday time! Bring the whippersnappers in their best cowboy attire to celebrate Jeremyâ€™s 1st birthday party on Saturday, June 3 at 3 pm.
- Calling all cowgirls! Grab your best Western attire and get ready to celebrate Janetâ€™s upcoming nuptials at a cowgirl party bridal shower.
- Relieve the glory of the Old West with our Western theme Fourth of July party. Expect finger-lickinâ€™ good BBQ, country western tunes, and American-themed costumes.
- Howdy! Weâ€™re invitinâ€™ yâ€™all to grab your best cowboy boots and mark your calendars for a western rodeo theme party to celebrate Jakeâ€™s birthday.
- Tammy and Larry are getting hitched! Come watch them two-step down the aisle on Saturday, the 23rd of June. A rehearsal dinner will take place the evening before at 4 oâ€™clock in the afternoon. Guests are asked to join the Western theme by donning a cowboy hat and dusting off their spurs.Â
- Come celebrate the birthday of our little cowboy with a Wild West party. Join in on the Western theme by dressing up!
Have fun mixing and matching from these phrases and donâ€™t be afraid to use cowboy slang to amp up the Western vibes. Just be sure to match the tone of your invitation to the formality of your event â€” for instance, you might want to be a bit more formal for wedding invitations or use silly nicknames for birthday party events.
What to Include in Your Western Invites
When thinking of fun and creative ways to make your invite stand out, itâ€™s easy to accidentally forget important details. Ensure your guests have the info they need to make your party a success by including these important tidbits:
- The date, time, and location of your shindig
- RSVP details so you can get a proper head count ahead of time
- Any special requests, like potluck food items for a cookout or gifts for a bridal shower
- A description of desired western wear â€” from vaquero bandanas and plaid shirts to Stetson hats â€” if you want guests dressing to match the theme
Once youâ€™ve figured out what to say in your invitation, itâ€™s time to choose a design. Customize the invite, hit send, and start planning the fun details for the big event. Incorporate the Western theme into the food, decor, games, and party favors for a memorable party.
9 Western Invitation Designs for a Darn Tootinâ€™ Good Time
Whether youâ€™re hosting a housewarming event, birthday party, or bridal shower, a Western theme party is a fun way to celebrate. From rustic and romantic to silly and fun, thereâ€™s a Western theme for every event.Â
Greenvelope has everything from Western birthday party invitations to cowgirl baby shower invitations and beyond. Here are some of our favorite Western invitations you can customize now.
1. Yosemite Invitation
For a western-themed wedding guests are sure to remember, use this stunning wedding invitation. Featuring iconic views of Yosemite Valley, itâ€™s a tribute to the gorgeous scenery out west and sets the scene for a beautiful western-inspired ceremony.
2. Letâ€™s Go Girls Invitation
This cowgirl birthday invite features an array of bright pink hats and holographic accents for a fun feel. It comes with two simple black or white backgrounds or you can customize the template and choose a custom color palette. Use it for a cowgirl-themed party for an adult birthday, baby shower, or bachelorette shindig.
3. Howdy Baby Invitation
Introduce a new cowgirl or cowboy to family and friends with this western-themed baby shower invitation card. With a cute collection of horses and desert elements like cacti and snakes, itâ€™s sure to get guests into the cowboy theme.
4. Better in Boots Invitation
This western party invitation features a cute pair of cowgirl boots and a rustic color palette. Use it to invite a group of girls on a bachelorette trip or as a cowboy party invitation.
5. Rustic Evening Invitation
Use this rustic wedding invitation to invite guests for a ceremony under a blanket of stars. Western accents like a barn door and twinkle lights set the scene for a romantic and cozy event. The full invitation suite includes matching thank you cards and save the dates for a cohesive look.
6. Howdy Partner Invitation
Planning a Western birthday party? This vintage invitation is the perfect choice for an adult or kidâ€™s birthday party. The whimsical horseshoes and antique-style font are the perfect backdrop for your event details. On the supported backside, thereâ€™s a photo slot to upload a picture of the birthday honoree. Customize the invitation by adding elements like cowboy music and a star-shaped sheriff’s badge to the image.
7. Bach Boots Invitation
Grab your walking boots, round up the girls, and hit the dance floor with this festive invitation. Featuring vibrantly-colored boots and several artist-curated background hues, itâ€™s ideal for a western-themed bachelorette party in your backyard or a trip to places like Nashville, Austin, or Memphis.Â
8. Barnyard Friends Invitation
Plan a cowboy birthday party for your little rider with this adorable barnyard invite. With baby pigs, goats, sheep, and cows, itâ€™s ideal for a farm-themed celebration. Use it as a cowboy birthday invitation or a farm-themed baby shower.
9. Vintage Horse Race Invitation
Host a western–themed party to watch the Kentucky Derby with this watercolor design. Featuring three racing horses and jockeys, it offers a rugged and rustic vibe. The â€śKentucky Derbyâ€ť text is removable so you can customize the words and use it for a wide range of celebrations.
Itâ€™s Time to Kick Up Your Boots
Capture the spirit of the Wild West with these Western invitation designs and wording ideas. Whether hosting a cowboy-themed birthday party or a â€śThese Boots Are Made for Walkingâ€ť bridal shower, youâ€™ll surely find the perfect Western-themed design from Greenvelope. Plus, with paperless invites, you can avoid the hassle of postage and easily send them via email, text, or social media.
Need help planning the party now that youâ€™ve picked out the invitations? Continue browsing our Stationers blog where youâ€™ll find tips for decorations, food ideas, and party games for an unforgettable celebration.