The Senior UX/UI Designer will work closely with our design, marketing, and development teams to design and optimize all landing and interior pages for Greenvelope.com and product extensions. This role will include drafting wireframes and mockups, designing final assets for implementation, and providing detailed implementation guidelines for developers. To thrive in this role, applicants should have excellent communication skills, be design-focused and results-driven, be able to receive and offer constructive criticism, and a willingness to be wrong and take risks. We are in the business of parties, events, and fun, so a positive attitude and a good sense of humor go a long way.
- Help develop solutions to complex design problems.
- Create wireframes and early-stage prototypes.
- Deliver polished design assets for the development team to implement.
- Develop and implement ideas for A/B tests to improve user flow and conversions.
- Conduct user research to ensure product usability.
- Collaborate with our Art Director on stylistic updates that will be implemented across the site.
- Constantly push boundaries to always improve the design of Greenvelope.
- Help develop a new brand and website layout for a new product extension.
- Solicit feedback from colleagues on new design-related ideas.
- Partner with the CEO and Art Director to uphold a high standard of design across website.
- Think about long term design strategy - not just project by project.
You should have:
- 5+ years of digital/product design experience
- A strong web design portfolio
- Well versed in, and opinionated about visual and user experience design
- Experience developing great software
- Awareness of what makes a great product experience
- A user-centered approach to designing software for people
- A collaborative, low-ego approach to working with others
- Understanding of HTML/CSS
- Understanding and appreciation of style and current design trends
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (or alternative design program of choice)
- A sharp eye for detail, typography, color palettes and layout
- Occasionally sarcastic
Location: We work out of a spacious office in the heart of downtown Seattle with a high-energy team of talented entrepreneurs, designers, and developers and office dogs.