The Designer will work closely with our Art Director, Marketing Director, and Design Program Manager on a variety of design-related projects, ranging from marketing visuals to custom stationery design and production work. An ideal candidate is comfortable adapting to new technologies and can turn feedback from multiple stakeholders into effective designs. While extensive stationery experience is not a requirement, exceptional design, typography, and layout skills are a must.
Note: This is a mid-level position
Responsibilities of the Designer include:
- Provide assistance with a variety of design services including but not limited to custom designs, text layouts and color changes for Greenvelope customers
- Work with the marketing team (as needed) on creating ads for various online placements (banner ads, social media, etc.)
- Design graphics for social media, blog posts, affiliates, and content publications
- Create new invitation/card designs for inclusion under the “Signature Greenvelope” digital stationery collection
- Work with the design team to conceptualize and create designs for partner collections
- Assist the Art Director with the creation of marketing emails (typically 1-3 per month)
- Understand goals of various audiences ranging from wedding to professional
- Assist Design Program Manager with design maintenance (updating permanent text, setting up translations), collection management (copying designs to different categories, organizing placement) and reviewing designer files.
- Production work as needed, such as creating stamps, liners and other site assets.
You should have:
- Strong proficiency in Photoshop and Illustrator
- A sharp eye for detail, color palettes, and layout
- Superior attention to detail
- A collaborative, creative, empathetic spirit
- Exceptional typography skills
- Stationery background preferred but not required
- Calligraphy or illustration skills, a plus
Location: The majority of our team is based in Seattle but we have switched to fully remote for the foreseeable future. We are primarily hiring in the Seattle area, but will also consider candidates based in CA, OR, MO, and IL.